I have finally managed to get the rest of the photos from our summer trip added to the blog! The last place we visited was Lee's Ferry, Arizona. We have some family history there, and it was good to learn about the Johnson side of our family. My great-great Grandfather ran Lee's ferry for a time. You can check out his story here.
I am actually named after one of his daughters. So being able to come visit the place they homesteaded was really interesting for me.
We actually went into Glen Canyon National Park to get to the Lonely Dell Ranch where they lived. I believe this was the house that my grandmother was born in.
Hailey was so dirty that day!! She is standing in one of the buildings that we could actually walk in.
We actually did a little hiking that day. Caio was being such a turkey! Wayne had a hard time keeping him out of trouble :)
This is what remains of a gas station that a great grandfather ran near the Lee's Ferry area.
Me in front of the graves of Warren Marshall Johnson's children that died all in the same week. I am standing right next to Melinda's grave.
Family Picture at Lonely Dell Ranch
We stopped to play in the COLD water. It was really hot, but the water is pretty cold year round. Two or three members of my family slipped and fell right into the water shortly after this picture was taken. It was kind of funny watching it, but they were okay. They were just really wet!
This is what Hailey did after she got her hands wet. Her dad became her personal towel:) That's totally Hailey:)
She is getting so much better at posing for pictures:) She enjoyed the water and and dirt and rocks.
My mom had a hard time holding on to Caio. I think he wanted to jump into the water. I think we caught him just walking out there without a care about how cold it was or anything. Silly boy.
Navajo Bridge and Marble Canyon. It was a beautiful site.
Rock formations near Lee's Ferry
Wayne pretending to hold up the rock. We had lots of fun, and we were very grateful to share that experience with our family!
2 comments:
It looks like you had lots of fun. I'm glad we were able to meet up even if it was for just a short time. That is cool that you were able to go and visit where your ancestors used to live. I wish that I knew where my family came from, lol. I'm working on it. love you and miss you.
Your due for an update....just saying!!
Post a Comment