Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tamales

Wayne was craving tamales, so we got the recipe from my mom and attempted to make them.  Wayne did most of the work! Here he was cleaning out the chili pods.  Hailey was helping:)  She loves to help do things in the kitchen like washing dishes.
This is what the chili pods looked like before we blended them up into sauce.
The sauce and the masa mix.
It took forever for us to finish them.  We have a lot to learn before we make them taste as good as my moms:)  Wayne had to do most of the work while I kept the kids happy.
Our almost finished product.  They had to go into the pot to steam before we could eat them.  I am sad we didn't get a picture of us tasting them.  They were pretty good considering we had never made them before:)

2 comments:

Brody and Mary said...

I'm glad to hear you made Wayne cook for a change. It'll be good for him. ;) looks good

Heather said...

YUM!! They look good.